Dr. William Ruto, the current President of Kenya, possesses a robust educational background that has greatly contributed to his political career.
He attended Kamagut Primary School and Kerotet Primary School in Uasin Gishu County for his primary education.
He then proceeded to Wareng Secondary School and Kapsabet High School, where he completed his O-level and A-level education, respectively.
In 1990, Ruto graduated from the University of Nairobi, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Botany and Zoology.
Recognizing the importance of further education, he pursued higher studies at the same university.
In 2011, Ruto obtained a Master of Science degree in Plant Ecology, and in 2018, he achieved a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Plant Ecology.
Ruto’s educational background has proven to be a valuable asset throughout his political career.
His profound understanding of science and agriculture has empowered him to formulate policies that have positively impacted Kenya’s agricultural sector.
Furthermore, his education has equipped him with the essential skills and knowledge required to effectively lead the nation.
Detailed Timeline of William Ruto Education
- 1974-1980: Attends primary school at Kamagut Primary School and Kerotet Primary School
- 1981-1984: Attends Wareng Secondary School
- 1985-1986: Attends Kapsabet High School
- 1990: Graduates from the University of Nairobi with a Bachelor of Science degree in Botany and Zoology
- 2011: Earns a Master of Science degree in Plant Ecology from the University of Nairobi
- 2018: Earns a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Plant Ecology from the University of Nairobi