The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) operates under the belief that every motivated individual, regardless of their financial circumstances, should have equal opportunities for educational advancement.
The foundation recognizes the financial burdens associated with attending, surviving, and completing college.
It aims to alleviate these burdens for underserved youth and young adults, thereby increasing their access to and success in higher education.
Eligibility Criteria for Shawn Carter Scholarship
- English language proficiency is required.
- Eligibility is limited to US citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Candidates must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- High school seniors, students with GED diplomas, and those enrolled in 2-year or 4-year undergraduate programs are eligible.
- Students enrolled in vocational or trade schools are also eligible.
- The maximum age limit is 25 years old.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
- The candidate’s household income should not exceed $75,000 USD.
Shawn Carter Scholarship Application:
- Visit the official website after April 1st.
- Start your application early and ensure you complete it before the deadline. Starting early increases your chances of submitting on time and allows for clarification if needed.
- Provide detailed information about yourself and your extracurricular activities. Specific details help the committee understand your accomplishments and strengths. Your essay should also provide insights into your perspectives and personal experiences.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors before submission.
- Including a photo is optional. If you choose to provide one, send a headshot similar to an ID card.
- The scholarship covers tuition expenses.
- It also covers supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel, and select costs of living.
- The grant amount is expected to be between $1500 and $2500.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation (SCSF) Benefits:
The scholarship provides financial support to help cover the costs of education, including tuition fees, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses.
This can significantly alleviate the financial burden on students and their families.
The SCSF offers mentoring and academic support services to scholarship recipients.
This may include access to tutors, study resources, and guidance to help students succeed academically.
The scholarship program may provide opportunities for recipients to connect with professionals, mentors, and other scholarship recipients.
This can help students expand their network, gain valuable insights, and potentially open doors to future career opportunities.
Recognition and Prestige:
It demonstrates a commitment to education and community involvement, which can be valuable when applying for internships, jobs, or other scholarships in the future.
The SCSF emphasizes community service and encourages its scholars to give back to their communities.
Recipients may have the opportunity to participate in community service initiatives organized by the foundation, allowing them to make a positive impact and develop leadership skills.