The Leland Speed Scholarship grants full undergraduate tuition to high school seniors and undergraduate transfers recently admitted to Mississippi College,.
The scholarship’s objective is to aid outstanding students in their academic, emotional, and spiritual development by providing them with the chance to pursue their studies at MC.
It is specifically open to Mississippi College undergraduates presently living in Mississippi.
This scholarship receives its name in tribute to Leland Speed, who holds the record for being the longest-serving board member in the history of Mississippi College.
Leland Speed Scholarship Eligibility:
Admission to Mississippi College and residency in Mississippi are mandatory.
Admission to Mississippi College is a prerequisite.
Current residence in Mississippi is essential.
Completion of federal and state aid applications is necessary.
Payment of the $200 housing application fee is compulsory.
Residence in a Mississippi residence hall on campus is obligatory.
Applicants must achieve a minimum ACT score of 25 or SAT score of 1200.
A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 is required for applicants.
- Candidates must complete the Leland Speed Scholarship application, including an essay detailing their academic objectives and future plans.
- Applicants need to provide a copy of their high school transcript and submit their ACT or SAT results.
Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who are not related to them. These individuals could include professors, therapists, or employers.
- Candidates must attend an interview with the selection committee.
Note: Meeting eligibility criteria and fulfilling Leland Speed Scholarship conditions does not guarantee funding approval.
Advantages of the Leland Speed Scholarship Program:
- Financial Assistance: This program offers financial support to deserving Mississippi students for their tuition, books, and educational expenses.
- Recognition and Prestige: Being awarded the Scholarship is a notable distinction that can enhance college applications and attract potential employers.
- Professional Development: The scholarship provides access to professional development activities, mentorship, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
- Community Engagement: The program encourages students to participate in leadership and service projects, fostering skill development and positive community impact.
- Guidance and Support: Scholarship recipients receive personalized assistance from program staff, including academic advising, career counseling, and help with internships and job placement.
How to Apply for the Leland Speed Scholarship:
Before proceeding, ensure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
Gather Required Documents:
Prepare necessary documents such as transcripts, test scores, and recommendation letters. Ensure you collect these well in advance of the application deadline.
Complete Online Application:
Access the online Leland Speed Scholarship application.
Register, provide personal information, and address questions about your academic history, extracurricular activities, and future aspirations.
Submit Your Application:
Complete the application and upload all required documents before the deadline. Late submissions are generally not considered.
A selection committee will assess all applications after the deadline and choose scholarship recipients. Await notification.
Successful applicants will receive notification by mail or email.
For additional information about the Scholarship program and its application process, visit the Community Foundation for Mississippi’s website or directly contact them.