The Kroger Scholarship aims to identify a senior from St. Henry District High School who embodies the pillars of success at SHDHS, which include faith, leadership, scholarship, arts, and athletics.
After evaluating the applicants, we will grant a $1,000 scholarship for tuition assistance to a student who has consistently demonstrated these pillars throughout their high school journey.
This scholarship serves as both recognition for their past commitment to SHDHS’s values and encouragement for them to continue embodying these pillars in the future.
Kroger Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Eligible Applicants:
Scholarships are available to the following individuals who are associated with the company:
- Natural, legally adopted children, or stepchildren of eligible associates from various Kroger divisions.
- Associates from Kroger Retail Divisions, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Kroger Technology and Digital, 84.51°, RASC, KASH, Kroger Health, and General Office.
- Associate Criteria: Eligible associates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of two years of continuous service at Kroger as of April 13, 2023.
- Full- or part-time associates must have worked at least 1,000 hours in the prior year.
- Children of Vice Presidents or above are not eligible.
- Children of the board of directors of The Kroger Co. Foundation are not eligible.
- Applicant Age and Status: Applicants must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Be 25 years of age or younger.
- Be a high school senior.
- Currently enrolled in a college or vocational school.
- Association with Associate Parent/Stepparent: The student must satisfy at least one of the following conditions:
- Live in the same household as the associate parent/stepparent.
- Be primarily supported by the associate parent/stepparent.
- Receive health insurance through the associate parent/stepparent.
- Be claimed as a dependent on the taxes of the associate parent/stepparent.
- Multiple Eligible Children: If an associate has more than one eligible child, each child has the opportunity to apply for a scholarship.
Please Note: Current Kroger employees are only eligible if they also have a parent or stepparent who is an associate.
Usage of Scholarship Funds:
This Kroger scholarship is not renewable.
However, students who receive a scholarship may re-apply each year as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
Reapplication for Non-Selected Students:
Students who were not selected for the scholarship may reapply in subsequent years as long as they remain eligible.
Priority for Hourly Associates’ Children:
Kroger Scholarship Application Requirements:
For College Freshmen:
- Always Required: High School Transcript and Personal Essay.
College Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors:
- Always Required: College Transcript and Personal Essay.
For Recipients Only:
- May Be Required During Acceptance: Photo and/or Video.
Specific Essay Requirements:
Explain the strength of your faith as if your best friend were describing it. Provide details and examples.
Describe instances where you have shown leadership and instances where you have followed, providing examples for each.
Reflect on the importance of both talent and hard work in your artistic pursuits, offering examples of your involvement in the arts.
Discuss how the quote “Little things make big things happen” by John Wooden applies to your athletic experiences, including your participation in high school athletics.
Other Kroger Scholarship Opportunities:
- Aside from the Kroger College Scholarships, Kroger provides additional scholarship opportunities for associates and their families.
- The Kroger Diversity Scholarship Program grants scholarships to eligible associates or their dependents belonging to underrepresented groups.
- The Kroger Scholarship Program bestows scholarships upon eligible associates pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in business or management.
- These scholarship programs come with distinct eligibility criteria and application procedures. Therefore, individuals interested in applying should refer to the Kroger Co. Foundation website for comprehensive details.