The Alworth Scholarship program gives money to high school seniors who want to study math or science.
It started in 1949 and helps students from Northeastern Minnesota.
In 74 years, it has given $55 million in scholarships to over 5,400 students.
What is Alworth Scholarship?
The Alworth Scholarship program helps high school seniors who want to study math or science.
It began in 1949 and has supported many talented students from Northeastern Minnesota.
In the last 74 years, the Alworth Memorial Fund gave $55 million in scholarships to over 5,400 students.
The Alworth Scholarship benefits Northeastern Minnesota.
It gives money to students and encourages STEM education and high academic standards.
The scholarship’s impact shows in its alumni’s success, community contributions, and educational influence.
As the scholarship keeps helping upcoming STEM leaders, it will have a lasting positive effect.
Elibility Criteria of Alworth Scholarship
To be eligible for the Alworth Scholarship, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a high school senior graduating from a public or private high school in Northeastern Minnesota.
- Keep a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Show strong academic achievement in mathematics and science.
Field of Study:
- Plan to pursue a full-time undergraduate degree in mathematics or science at an accredited college or university.
- Commit to majoring in one of the approved fields of study: mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, or related fields.
- Demonstrate financial need based on family income and financial aid considerations.
- Possess strong leadership potential and demonstrate community involvement.
- Exhibit qualities of character, perseverance, and ambition.
- Show a genuine interest in pursuing a STEM career and making a positive impact.
- Submit a comprehensive application packet that includes personal essays, letters of recommendation, official transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, and financial aid documentation.
- Complete an interview with the Alworth Scholarship Committee.
Application Process for Alworth Scholarship
The Alworth Scholarship application process usually starts in October and ends in February.
Applicants need to send in a complete application packet.
This packet should have personal essays, letters of recommendation, official transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, and financial aid documents.